Shortpacked!/Dumbing of Age T-shirt FAQ
When will my order ship?
New orders typically take about 2 weeks to arrive. This is a small operation, so please be patient and feel free to email if you think you’ve waited too long for your order.
What shipping method do you use?
We generally use USPS First Class Mail for single shirt orders in the US. Multi-shirt orders go by USPS Priority Mail. Almost all international orders will be sent USPS First Class Mail International.
How much is shipping?
In the United States, shipping each shirt is about $5. Unfortunately, due to a recent postal rate increase there really isn’t a way to give a discount for shipping multiple shirts to the same address. It’s actually more expensive for us than shipping two separate packages (which is crazy), but we don’t make the rates or the rules. We charge exactly what the USPS charges us plus the cost of shipping materials and a small handling fee.
International shipping is about $10 for the first shirt and anywhere from $4 to $6 for each additional shirt depending on what country you live in. Canada is about the same price as the US. Canadians, you DO get a break on shipping for multi-shirt orders. The USPS loves Canada. Go fig.
RETURNS AND REFUNDS
If your order arrives damaged or for some reason is not the item you ordered, please email wiigii [at] gmail [dot] com and we will arrange for a replacement. If you ordered the wrong size or the wrong item accidentally, you will be responsible for return shipping and a small restocking fee to cover shipping materials, etc. Email BEFORE you wash or wear the shirt and we’ll get you squared away as quickly as possible.
What kind of shirts do you print on?
Men’s shirts are Gildan 2000 and ladies’ shirts are Tultex o213. Here are the sizing charts for each:
The Gildan 2000 is a high quality 100% cotton shirt. Great color and very durable.
The ladies Tultex 0213 is a “ladies cut” but not really a full on “baby doll.” Most customers feel they still run at least a size small (depending on how form fitting you like your shirts). They also have a tear-away tag which is nice.
Due to occasional shortages on the Tultex shirts, some ladies shirts are printed on Bella 6000 (this will be noted on the individual shirt page). They are a slimmer cut and a shorter length than the Tutltex. Typically they run a size or two smaller than you would expect.
NOTE ON LADIES SHIRTS: Ladies shirt sizing is crazy. It often just doesn’t make sense. If you are tall or have a large chest, or if you are not familiar with how crazy ladies shirt sizing is, please order the men’s/unisex Gildan shirts.
What printing method do you use?
We use a fairly new printing method called DTG or Direct to Garment printing. This is not the cheap-0 printing method some places *coughcoughCafePresscoughcough* use. It is a high quality printing process with many advantages over traditional shirt printing.
- Unlike traditional silk screen printing, DTG is not limited to just four colors (CMYK) — a DTG printer can produce over 16 million colors.
- DTG can print graphics with up to 2880 dpi. Traditional silk screen printing is limited to approximately 72 dpi.
- Garments printed using DTG technology have excellent washability because the ink actually penetrates into the fabric. Unlike silk screen and heat transfers, the printed image will not crack or peel off after a few washes. The final print is very soft and not shiny or plastic looking like a lot of silk screened shirts are. The ink appears to be part of the shirt. It’s pretty neat.
FYI: With traditional silk screen printing the designer has to order large quantities in bulk in order to make any profit on the shirts. With DTG printing I can order 1 or 1000 and it’s the same price. This means I don’t have to do extended preorders or wait months before shipping your order.
WASHING AND CARE
If you want your SP!/DoA shirt to last, it is STRONGLY RECOMMENDED that you follow these simple guidelines:
- Learn how to wash clothes! Call your mom. She can probably tell you how to do it.
- Wash your t-shirts inside out.
- Wash in cold water. They will still get clean. I promise.
- DO NOT WASH T-SHIRTS WITH JEANS!!! [or anything else with metal buttons or metal anything for that matter]
- For the best results and longest color life, hang to dry instead of using a dryer. If they are wrinkled afterward you can tumble them in the dryer on low or no heat for a few minutes.