So, hey, I was reminded by an email this afternoon that I should tell everyone, uh, I guess if you have a certain original art page in mind that you'd like to pick up at C2E2 this weekend, email me with the strip's URL. If it's available I'll try to find it tomorrow morning before I head to Chicago and I'll aim to have it at the booth for you. Undialoged, obviously. It'll be virgin.
No promises, of course. This is totally a last-minute thing. I have a huuuuge stack of pages you wouldn't believe! It's monstrous! And a few pages are important enough to me that I plan to dialog them and auction them online later at my discretion.
I can't wait to see you guys this weekend! I am so stoked. Everyone's always so awesome.
Have I mentioned often enough that I'm going to be at C2E2 in Chicago this weekend? Have I? Have I Have I Have I?
Well, I am.
Going to be at C2E2, that is.
Here's a fun guide of all the sweet swag I'm gonna bring that you can bring home with you:
1) Shortpacked! Book 2 and Roomies! Book 1, of course. Shortpacked! Book 1, as you recall, is sold out, and Shortpacked! Book 3 is currently in production in Hong Kong. I will have preorder slips available at the show, but the two books I will have will absolutely not disappoint.
2) The Shortpacked! Book 1 reprint cover poster! You know, with the Ultra Car and the Ethan and the Ronnie and the Back to the Future? Yeah. Gonna have just 25 with me at the show. Get one before they're gone! (They're convention-exclusive, so I won't have any in the online store.)
3) "I'm Gardening Man" t-shirts. All sizes, while they last. Oh yeah. You want one.
4) Shortpacked! magnets. Use this 4"x6" magnet to hold up the pizza coupons on your fridge.
5) "If you see me, I'm toy hunting" bumper sticker. Let all of traffic know you're hunting in vain for that elusive Transformers Animated Arcee. These bumper stickers are beautiful.
6) And then there's the usual art prints, the original art pages, and I'm available for commissions, as always.
7) I am selling my boothmate, Chris Hallbeck. He doesn't know yet. He's $50.
So hit up Chris and I at C2E2, booth WC E. That's WC for "WebComics," y'see. There's a whole Webcomics MECCA. We'll be in the back nestled in between the Moens and the Milhollands. Seriously, have you seen the roster for this show? Everyone's gonna be there! It's crazy.
Still working on the site overhaul. I have over 1100 comics, all of which gotta be assorted by chapter and subchapter. You can imagine how much fun that is.
But it's gonna be beautiful. It's going to be beautiful and user friendly and it will be amazing. So many thanks to ComicPress Overlord Frumph, who's been walking me through this hand-in-hand. (But not in a gay way.)
I must have something for your eyeballs in the meantime! I'm gonna be in motherfuckin' Chicago the weekend after this one! That's right, C2E2is April 16-18, and it promises to be a huge thing of bigness. I'll be exhibiting with Chris Hallbeck of The Book Of Biff.
Let's talk the merch. Look, it's a poster! Remember that really awesome Book 1 reprint cover I did? Well, you can have an 11x17" full-color poster of it if you come to my table and buy a high-five. (The poster comes free with the purchase of a high-five.) But you can only have the poster if you come see me at the convention! These posters are gonna be convention exclusive.
(Why? Well, I don't wanna take away one of the few draws to funding the Book 1 reprint. But I also don't want to not make a poster of it. So, compromise.)
At the moment, I only have 25 of these. Just 25! There's a good chance that'll get depleted C2E2 weekend and I'll have to order more for subsequent conventions. Regardless, make sure you get to me early at C2E2 if you want to guarantee a poster. We'll be at booth WC E! (WebComic area, table E) If you see Erika Moen, we're the ones right next door shooting rubber bands at her.