Is this the end for our heroes? (Yes.)on November 25, 2011 at 11:54 pm
Hey, Shortpacked! Book 4 is now available for purchase in the store!
I got my JLU 7-pack in the mail today, signifying the end of that toyline. Which means it’s time to finally take stock of all of the duplicate Batmen, Supermen, and whoevers that I amassed in the past decade in the quest to get dudes they were packed with.
When I am done, I plan to just sell them all on eBay for probably five dollars. In the meantime, some preliminary photography. For example:
1) Man, I am surprised I can only find one extra Martian Manhunter. Clearly I must have more somewhere! Did I really only ever end up with just one extra of him? It seems impossible.
2) My original bin of extras was packed in SUPER TIGHT. Like, creating-diamonds-out-of-coal-tight. Related to this tidbit is an observation on how soft and goopy Giganta’s dress is. Whoops.
2a) (Not entirely limited to Giganta’s dress. I had one Superman’s cape embedded in the neck of another.)
3) Woo, “I can breathe in space” Batman!
4) Woo, “Atmosphere-destroying missile” Superman!
5) A sweet ass Scuba Flash. I have a whole team of scuba guys, probably came with an Aquaman, but Flash is the sharpest of those.
There’s a chance there might be more JLU stuff, but only because some of their 3-packs (*coughcoughcoughVandalSavagecoughcough*) never made it to retail and Matty’s hinted at maybe offering those online maybe. Maybe.
But meh. It happens, it happens. Stick a fork in this toyline.